Update: 17 September 2020
In response to Government guidelines for tertiary education providers in Auckland, and to ensure certainty and predictability for our students and staff, the Vice Chancellor has announced that will continue in online learning mode up to and including Friday 2 October, regardless of COVID-19 alert levels.
Update: 14 September 2020
- From 21 September 2020 2 October, time-limited tests and examinations will be on campus under invigilated conditions. Seating arrangements under exam conditions will observe physical distancing. Mask wearing can be encouraged.
- Offshore students will complete examinations online.
- Students who are unable to attend an examination or test due to sickness or unforeseen circumstances can apply for an aegrotat or compassionate consideration (the application fee is waived for Semester Two 2020).
- Provision will be made to support students who have significant health conditions (or live with others who have significant health conditions), which precludes their attendance on campus for classes, tests and examinations. We ask these students to seek advice from their medical practitioner and advise the University of their situation through the COVID-19 Semester Two form.
- Normal policies and processes for out-of-time and out-of-centre examination arrangements will apply in Semester Two.
In Semester One 2020, Margot Bowker shared her experience on designing a non-invigilated Final Assessment.
You may find this recording useful for designing your Exam for Semester Two but bare in mind that the recommended process for developing your assessment in Canvas, and conditions for students sitting exams may have changed.