Course material availability for remote teaching to students based overseas due to NZ border restrictions.
The extension licence from CLNZ is no longer available and all copying under this licence is restricted to 10% or one chapter for Semester Two, 2020.
- If you have uploaded digitised content into Canvas under the extension licence then this content must be removed immediately.
- If you uploaded the content through Talis, it will be automatically deleted when the reading list is rolled over.
- If you have students based overseas due to NZ border restrictions and they are unable to obtain the required textbook, the Library can:
- Provide digitised chapters or sections from books or journals not available electronically.
- Students must place individual requests for a reasonable proportion of a book or individual articles under one of the exceptions in the Copyright Act.
- The Library will process these requests and supply the content directly to the student for their research or private study.
- Students can use this form to request a digitised chapter or article.
To assist students, lecturers should choose the most relevant chapters of the textbook for the first half of the semester as the library cannot copy more than a reasonable proportion in any one request.
Talis reading lists
Continue to request items using Talis reading lists this will enable Libraries and Learning Services staff to try to source an electronic version. We suggest you set readings each week to spread the workload.
Films can be shown and shared with students as per normal under the Screenrights Licence.
This means any content copied from the Internet or screen captured from OnDemand television or streaming services. This includes YouTube. Other content may be available on the TV and Radio Broadcast database, eTV or Kanopy.
Images and diagrams
If you are scanning content including images and diagrams from hard copy textbooks and including these in powerpoints which are subsequently uploaded into Canvas, please complete a Talis digitisation request and upload the scan you have digitised – Digitisation for copyright compliance.
Tests and examinations
Copyright warning notice
Make sure you include a copyright warning notice with all third party content uploaded into Canvas, see Copyright warning notice.