Use the Mediastore to upload pre-recorded videos then insert them into Canvas.
From 2022, Panopto replaces Mediastore as the storage space for uploading course videos and audio files.
Please follow this link to instructions for uploading video to Panopto.
Legacy content during the transition to Panopto
Upload to Mediastore
Mediastore handles short or long videos (max file size 1GB).
If your files are larger than 1GB you should compress the file size before uploading to Mediastore. Only staff can upload videos to the Mediastore but both staff and students can view them.
- Upload your video file to https://mediapublish.auckland.ac.nz
- Leave the Access setting as Private so they remain behind the University login.
- Select the Category/ Project as 2020_STUDYPLAN (this will prepend a copyright notice).
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with a shareable URL link (this may take up to a few hours).
- Share the video in your Canvas course:
Detailed questions about Mediastore are provided in the FAQs section.
Embed a Mediastore video into a Canvas page
Once you have uploaded your video to the University’s Mediastore, embed it into your Canvas page.
- Edit your Canvas page.
- Place the cursor where you want to embed the video.
- Click the Insert menu, followed by the Embed option.
- Paste this code (remember to change the link with the one that the Mediastore sent you).
<iframe src=https://mediastore.auckland.ac.nz/uploaded/project/2020_STUDYPLAN/09-2021/4d459e2e84bb46eb8ae7cc814bc2e960.preview width="780" height="513" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" frameBorder="0"></iframe>
If you haven’t received an email from Mediastore within a few hours of uploading your file, please contact Staff Service Centre:
Phone +64 9 923 6000 or ext 86000, or request support from Applications Services (select Media Uploader from the drop-down list).
If overseas students have difficulty accessing the videos, ask them to log in to the University network through VPN.