Use the Mediastore to upload pre-recorded videos then insert them into Canvas.
Mediastore handles short or long videos (max file size 1GB)
If your files are larger than 1GB you should compress the file size before uploading to Mediastore. Only staff can upload videos to the Mediastore but both staff and students can view them.
- Upload your video file to https://mediapublish.auckland.ac.nz
- Leave the Access setting as Private so they remain behind the University login.
- Select the Category/ Project as 2020_STUDYPLAN. This will add the University’s copyright notice to the beginning of video.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a shareable URL link (this may take up to a few hours).
- Share the video in your Canvas course:
Detailed questions about Mediastore are provided in the FAQs section.
If you haven’t received an email from Mediastore within a few hours of uploading your file, please contact Staff Service Centre:
Phone +64 9 923 6000 or ext 86000, or request support from Applications Services (select Media Uploader from the drop-down list).